And over at Holly’s It’s a Matter of Perspective: Mine, you can read the part 3 of this series, Self Publishing: Should I or Shouldn’t I?
What kind of guest posts I’m looking for?
- Tutorials - Teach me and my readers something we don’t know. Usefulness to readers is key.
- Poetry – Just because I don’t write one doesn’t mean I don’t love it. I do.
- Short fiction – Because this is a writing blog. It gets too tiring to read nothing but writing about writing here.
- Personal essays – Yup, I love them. Infuse them with your personal stories. Can’t go wrong with that tack.
- Humor pieces – Make it relevant to my niche – blogging, writing and the social media.
Some ground rules
What can I say – I feel like a proper blogger now so there’s got to be some house rules for guest posting here. Here they are -
- Be prepared to collaborate with me in case I have questions. Or if I ask for a little rewrite. If you feel degraded when I ask for a rewrite, well, that’s unfortunate. Feel free to submit your post elsewhere, or publish it in your own blog.
- I’m just an ordinary blogger. Dispense with the formalities of a cover letter and long introductory email about your post idea. Out with it the first time you contact me so we both save time.
- Once accepted please make yourself accessible to my readers to answer questions. I’d let you moderate comments, too. How about that?
- And yes, you don’t need to be a Jedi blogger to write for me. You may have come from a different galaxy, but as long as you’re not a lowlife – meaning you’re warm, with sense of humor, and reasonable fellow – you’re a shoo-in.
Guest posting can be just the boost that your blog needs. So what’s preventing you from getting your unique voice heard in my blog, or other blogs of your choice? Please share in the comment section.