Image by Leeni! via Flickr
And I’m sorry for keeping things from you.
Let me, however, start by quoting Woody Allen. He says eighty percent of success is showing up. What’s this got to do with my secret? Bear with me as I meander for a while.
Where are we exactly? Yeah, about showing up. I have taken that to heart. I show up every day to write. Even when I’m not scheduled to write I show up. To listen to what you’ve to say. To read your latest posts. And of course to have fun while doing other blogging chores.
Showing up and the compulsion to write
Success is a good thing, but I’m more after the process – to perfect the system of my blogging routine. I need it to be a compulsion and to make it as fundamental as breathing and eating.
Wait – we’re getting to the good part. Almost there.
What do you think makes up the other twenty percent? Passion? Could very well be.
When luck comes in handy
How about luck? Here it is – my little secret.
Luck has dealt me a generous card last May 2. Here’s the deal: I won Rocky’s WordPress blog contest.
This means I’d have a WordPress blog running on Thesis theme anytime soon. This also means I don’t have to run around sa labas ng Mandaluyong anymore as I’d have a new home with my own domain name.
Thank you, guys
Let’s stop the chest-thumping for now. Let me thank the following persons who made this possible:
1. Rocky of WeBlogZone for holding this contest. I’d also like to say thanks to his four friends who helped him pick the winner – John, Rob, Gigi and Pete.
And my friends who refused to join the contest to give me a better chance at winning:
3. Joji - who thinks tending to her carabao is far more important.
4. Lemuel – can’t take his eyes off environmental issues to bother with blog contests.
5. Adrian – who’d rather obsess with cinematic art.
6. Jade – who can’t be peeled from his new video blogging. thing
7. Earthlingorgeous – who threatened to join, couldn’t wait and moved house all in the same breath.
8. DeepThroat – who offered free webhosting for my blog way before I joined Rocky’s blog contest. I had to ask for more time since I decided to try my luck with this contest. DeepThroat is kind enough to assure me if I did not win our deal is still on. Thank you, DT for your generosity and understanding – even though I demoted you to Plan B.
9. DiTesco – for your brain-friendly SEO tips and most surprisingly your generous invitation. He asked me to consider him as my Plan C.
10. To all of you for wishing me well and keeping me less jittery these last few days. You all rock!
Domain name suggestions
Darn. I still have some problems with my domain name. Should I use my name as my domain name? Will keywords relevant to writing, blogging and the social media be more appropriate?
I’m open to your suggestions. I’m thinking of using my tagline: writing to exhale. Do you like it? Isn’t it a tad obscure? I’d be happy to hear your suggestions. Anything. Be thoughtful. Be ridiculous. I’ll consider everything you’d say.
Did you like this post? You may consider opting for a free subscription via email or feed so you will not miss future updates.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Some Reasons Why My Blog Traffic Doubled (mehmetalierturk.com)
- 8 Reasons Why self hosted wordpress blog is better then blogspot blog (shoutmeloud.com)