Seven bloggers are this month’s recipients of Honest Scrap Award from salabasngmandaluyong. The seven random victims – still seen reeling from the impact of this unfortunate mishap – are identified as follows: Dede, Lemuel, JoanJoyce, Roy, Kaye, Mye, and Allforblue.
When you have regained your bearings, this is my explanation. Enthusiastic blog author Gagay gifted me an Honest Scrap Award the other day. I thought it had something to with the Green movement and involves recycling and stuff. Oh dear, how do I squirm my way out of this, I told myself.
If you’ve been to this blog at least a couple of times, you’d know my reservations about awards. But hey, this one is different. What a pleasant surprise. Just look at the rules:
* When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real.
* Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!
Now, that’s something right up my alley. Hmm, I can live with this award. So Gagay, you’re indeed one misguided soul. And the fun part is I did not say that. It is said so in the rules. Yay!
By passing this award I know what this makes me. All together now: misguided soul. Bah, that’s not exactly news to me. It’s my middle name, people.
It is also stipulated that I can choose 7 random victims and leave a harassing comment. Oh boy, this is exciting.
Now, the hard part of the rules – about 10 honest things about me. This is giving me headaches. Honesty is such a foreign concept to me. But I can always try. Here goes:
1. My display picture on this blog is from five years ago. Hah! Mind your own business, I’d update it the soonest I find a Piolo Pascual (Filipino movie heartthrob) resemblance among the recent stuff. And by God, I will find one. Even if it takes a picture with my back to the camera – the kindest resemblance that can be had?
2. Jan is just my nickname. I’m Gani around the house and with friends. But I’m one of those people who think nothing of giving themselves a nickname. I know, nicknames are earned very much like respect. So what? Besides, this is the Internet. I reserve the right to repackage myself.
3. I report to work in flip-flops and walking shorts.
4. Because I “manage” a small computer store.
5. And I resent it when customers walk in and interrupt my siesta – I stay up till the wee hours in the morning “educating” myself in the Internet. Give me a break.
6. I resent it that these are bad times for the economy every where you turn; I bristle when anybody calls me tatay (father); and I positively agonize and die a thousand times every time the broadband connection in our town conks out. That too me is a catastrophe.
7. Some readers think I write well in English. A little history: in high school I was chosen as editor. For the campus paper in Filipino. Go figure.
8. I am still dreaming of having my own domain and moving to Wordpress and having a different webhost. I’m still saving. But the waiting can be shortened if I win this contest. Up for grabs are free domain, $25.00 and Wordpress goodies! Go check this out and help me figure out the puzzle. If you think you need it more than I do, then feel free to go it alone, langya ka. (You rascal). Nyahaha.
9. Bingkee. What do I think of Bingkee? Am I scared of Bingkee? Will I be in denial if I say I love her? Or will it be more truthful if I say I love-hate Bingkee? No, to all of these. She’s a friend – a forthright, open, caring online friend.
10. There is no number ten. But you can ask in the comment section anything. I will do my best to answer it.If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!