Follow Friday list in Twitter is a great meme. It’s a wonderful occasion to pay back the many kindnesses, generosity, and all-around helpfulness of people. They are practically strangers to you in the traditional sense, but they keep you company like a true friend and share with you their precious time and knowledge.
But giving your follow Friday recommendation in Twitter sucks. To give a coherent shout-out you need to limit your top pick to one or two persons per tweet. Go beyond that number and you’d have nothing but a roll call of names. Truly exasperating.
You mean well by it, but to be honest I am not moved if you dump me with eight or 10 other people in a single tweet. I’d rather you ignore the meme and just talk with me about what’s up with you today. That’s more satisfying.
If you can write a coherent recommendation in 140-character, fine. Congratulations. I’d rather write it here on my blog instead where I don’t need to truncate my sentiments.
My recommendation, however, is not a definitive list. If you feel I’ve left you out, tell me. If you’ve engaged me in meaningful – and even inane – conversations, gave me links to help me grow a brain, and generally made me feel like a rock star, why, you’re a shoo-in.
Here are my top recommendations with a link to their recent post.
- @dmbrown111 – Donna is a master of fun conversation and tireless hunter of great links.
- @trinaMB – Without doubt, Trina is one of the angels in the blogosphere: generous, supportive and kind.
- @bradshorr: Let’s Clear the Confusion about Blog Post Titles and Optimization
- @dragonblogger: Keeping Up With the Social Sites
- @BSwafford: When Real Friends Don’t “Get It”
- @RobertHruzek: Better Pay Attention
- @ditesco: Monitoring Your Website Rankings on Google, Bing & Yahoo
- @PinoyCopywriter: How to Make Your Images Searchable
- @jedchan: The Giant Nick Vujicic
- @tumblemoose: Buzzing Around the New Blog of the Week
- @pinoytraveller: Anatomy of a Road Trip
- @mizdi: I’ve Got a Feeling – Mob Dance for Oprah
- @minnie_madz: Flying Without Wings
- @pamatayhomesick: Tatakbo Ako
- @jehzlau: Butterfly Sanctuary in Bohol
- @ladyprogrammer: 10 Reasons Why I Would Respond to Your Tweet
- @TracyOConnor: The Power of a Whisper
- @writerdad: A Wonderful Experiment in Writing
- @bloggerdad: My Proudest Achievement Online
- @jaypee: Blog Action Day
- @fschlegel: The Power of What Can I Do and Puppies Behind Bar
- @badongskie: How Facebook Enhances Self Esteem
- @TamahomeJenkins: Is French Toast Really From France?
- @joannayoung: Essential Writing: Writing That Counts
- @terryheath: Sometimes Life Has Other Plans
- @Chihuatude: Peaceful Autumn Wandering, Or Is It?
- @thirdworldgeek:Poetry To Start My Day (Yours Too)
Jedi Bloggers and Friends Who “Get” Twitter
- @jenaisle: I Survived Raising My Teen
- @ryjr: Launching My Own Domain: Reyjr.com
- @hollyjahangiri: Just One of Those Days
- @zorlone: A Mother’s Magic [Poem]
- @houseofpuroy: “I’m Sorry Mathew” [Short Story]
- @elmot: Distant Love [Poem]
- @dezertsnow: Celebrities Can Give You Viruses
- @trendydee: Autumn: My Favorite Season
- @jhongmed: Preparations Before Attending a Webinar
- @ceblogger: Cupcakes and Flowers for Weddings and Birthdays
- @yatotchronicles: “Upuan” by Gloc-9 Featuring Zelle [Video]
- @kelvinservigon: Nica Reyes for eXperiment 3.0
Who are the top Twitter people in your list? How do you give #followfriday love to them?
Photo by Ilse