Hurray to me, this blog is a month old today and I’d like to share with you what I have accomplished.
1. Global Reach. I have been visited by peoples from across the USA, Europe, and Southeast Asia, which include Filipino bloggers. There’s no evidence the Dalai Lama has found me, but I can bide my time. Lack of DNA also precludes the people of Timbuktu and backpackers in the Himalayas. What can I say – even my immediate family has not found out either about my blog. All they know perhaps is that I’ve been holed up in my room this vacation playing online. Or watching porn – I will not put it past them to accuse me of such online pursuit.
2. Award. I received this “You Make My Day” Award from a kind blogger. It’s a recognition for commenting actively in her mom blog. What am I doing in her blog? This point leads to my next achievement -
3. Commenter Whiz. I’ve read that to fire up reader participation in my blog, I must meet my neighbors and actively participate in commenting in their blogs. It’s called conversations in the blogosphere. So I did that. If your blog is about cars – be forewarned it will not stop me from dropping my two-cents. I’ve been known to spread verbal diarrhea in meta blogging sites, blogs on food recipes, and brainbleeders such as web design and online security. Hold on, I’ve also commented on blogs written in Spanish, Malay and Thai; I only know Filipino and English so it helps I only comment on posts with pictures or graphics in them. So I don’t get to be unkindly tagged as that retard Filipino blogger. See? Hahaha.
4. This blog has stirred to life. This is a result of my whirlwind tour of the blogosphere. Now conversations are actually taking place here. I’m immensely pleased with that. Of course, I’d give my little finger to have the kind of activity going on at my Filipino blogging idol and friend Jehzeel’s blog. While he usually posts weeks apart people keep trekking to his site as if there’s some convention going on – mulling over perhaps the intricacies of defining the edge of abstract electronics arts? But one baby step at a time for me – I can live with small chats around a little table.
5. Personal Growth. Though this blog has caused me ugly eyebags, though it has not bought me fancy gadgets yet (the cash register earns $0.31), I’m glad to say it’s no skin off my nose. I have gained friends. I have embarked on kicking the nicotine habit. And although I hate to go under the hood of this blog and get dirty, I’m learning bit by bit. I feel like a better man than I was a month ago. Isn’t that a marvel.
6. Favorite Blog of the Week. I have introduced this new section of my blog to keep me from staring too much on my own navel.
7. I have survived.. Of course some problems keep me turning in bed at night. Like how to put a contact form in my about page, how to put “add this” to social media at the bottom of my page. So with your help I just might get it done finally. Be patient with me though – you know how it is with village idiots.
Of course, this is still the first month. I’m still at the rocky part of the seas. Anytime, this might capsize and sink to the bottom in the fashion of blogs which don’t survive. I just have to take heed of the reasons why blogs do not survive the first crucial months as Nate Hill described it. But with your friendship coupled with my hardheadedness (I didn’t say levelheaded, mind) I may yet survive.
Cheers.If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!