Image by ? China ? guccio via Flickr
I don’t believe in procrastination. If a task is worth doing, and it has to be done today then obviously you don’t need to read up on productivity experts on the web.
And you don’t need an e-book to do it either. Nor you need to read the sky to see if certain stars are aligned properly so you can start on your work. It’s this way with this blog. It needs a new look so the logical thing is to buckle down to work and get dirty. And I did precisely that – sent a message to my friend Yatot and gave him the go signal to tweak this blog.
And he just did it. Hurray, for getting things done. Oh, I’m so decisive, don’t you think?
Do you like the new look? Looks like a proper blog to me now compared with the generic look of the previous one. This baby has -
1. About Page – don’t check yet. I’m still working on it. Sheesh. You’re so click happy.
2. Contact Page – now you don’t have to jostle with spam in my inbox to get my attention. Greater chances of me reading and responding to your email.
4. Snazzy features – it has Twitter icon and a slew of social bookmarks you can click to humor Jan.
Yatot went under the hood and did all the dirty work from morning till lunch. He’s in Metro Manila while I’m in the boondocks, still among my Mangyan brothers. The magic of online collaboration.
FYI, I did some heavy lifting, too, to wit:
1. Complained of dizziness when presented with templates to choose from.
2. Delegated with a heavy heart the matter of picking the right design and prayed hard it won’t be too awful. It’s coolacious!
3. Frantically typed “Bravo” when presented with his final choice. Which became our choice.
4. Pestered him to add more tabs, a tweetie bird, and the bookmarks at the end of each post.
5. Exhausted my weeks supply of approbation: “sweet! perfect!” “you’re the man!” ” dude, wow!” “are you crazy? next idea please!”
The end result is that by 12:00 noon one extremely famished and aggravated friend went to lunch, perhaps wondering what he got himself into. And this blogger? Not too shabby, I dare say. I’m so happy I look like Joker with a grin stretched from ear to ear.
Thanks, Yatot. You’re one tech savvy Angel.
* One unintended casualty of rearranging the furniture around here is that my premium blog list was misplaced in the shuffle. If you are on my blogroll and I forgot to put you back in, please tell me. If you want to be included, please don’t ask. Ninety-eight percent of those special people did not ask me. I just did it on my own. But of course I can be persuaded, too.
* Top Commentator on the sidebar reflects the overall score of readers from day one. It doesn’t reflect your score for February. So don’t feel sorry for yourself if you’re not within striking distance of the top commentators. To ensure fair play, I leave the job of tallying the votes to the prestigious accounting firm SGV which offered their services gratis in exchange for brief mention hereabouts.If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!